Friday, May 1, 2009

Update!!!! Security Features Installed

Well I've managed to make it 15 months geesh on and off, mostly inside that campershell,lol. Amazing that i have lasted that long. I've had my moments of rest at family's house though but everytime i get back into the daily grind of living in the vehicle it just physically and mentally breaks me down. I know i would be much better in a van. I've made some major improvements to the interior one being i tied a nylond cord string to the existing fiberglass supports to hold my tent up, fixed a fan to the ceiling using the metal frame braces of the campershell and have angled it down. but the best feature is my tent not only stays up now but the tent was never long enough for the bed of my truck so i have a 2 foot width to the tailgate that i call my porch or mudroom. Anyway the best feature that i did was tower stack my microwave first on the right hand side facing the left wheel well and then stacked my window unit airconditioner on top of that facing the front of the truck. How i managed to think of that i have no idea but i like it. its not braced for riding so i have to move it the floor. It's so exhausting living this way i really wish a i had a van with barn doors so i could mount my ac properly in a window. my big glass campershell is not equipped to handle ac esp for security reasons but this summer im not gonna burn up either. Speaking of Air Conditioning i have secured a parking site with hook ups for a cpl months really makes it nice. its kind of out in another town but i couldnt pass up the price offer.
its really quiet and has been safe. so for now im happy... esp scince i got water and electric lol.
I keep telling myself that i was gonna close this blog and just quit, hell i keep telling myself i cant go on!!! ya know ?? its hard living in a campershell. it really is but!! its better than nothing and i would hate to sleep out in the cold wet ground with the high winds and rain. so its better than nothing. Cant Complain there, i could just have a 2 door small car.. Urgh Perish the thought LoL
I'm so tall that would not work i would get crampped and knowing that any one could watch me through the windshield or shine a light on me in the middle of the night beating on my window is not a comforting thought. So for now it works. It keeps me dry and its better than nothing. Oh I got a new Car Alarm for my truck. Whoo Hoo!! So happy with that. as well as installed my own radio with no knowledge of how to do it.. took me 3 hours but the 200 watt stereo is in place and has removable face plate. Got to have security concious in mind. Anyway, I will post when i can.

2 comments:

Living the good life....together!! said...

Hey i was wondering why you took off like you did.....

Dark-Blue-Night said...

Paranoia, Bag of pot early in the morning and Cops don't sit to well with me. Jail and getting my truck impounded doesn't either. That's why i left. Had nothing to do with you and modigg *winks* plus pockets made me nervous.